Stewart County Public Library serves a community of 13,324 residents. The Library began serving Stewart County in 1942, in a very small room in the court house. The library later moved in the 1960's to a larger room in the new court house. In 1985, a 2,000 square foot facility was built to serve the community. The library soon outgrew this building. A brand new, spacious 7,000 square foot building was constructed in 2001 where we currently reside.